Unless they are fermented with sugar, and contain alcohol, pretty much!
We are concerned with TWO kinds of pickles.
- Fresh brined pickles. Those oh-so-good crunchy complexly flavored tart and tangy pickled things that we fork out of the crock too soon because we can’t bear to wait any longer. Those things are the BEST and most healthy pickles. They have not just acids and enzymes, they have LIVE bacteria and fungus, of so many kinds we can’t enumerate them all, which help with digestion and metabolics.
- Canned pickles. Maybe brined that have been canned. Maybe just plain old vinegar pickles, canned up using the Ball Blue Book. Whatever. Those things are just pickles. And we want to know if they are just as good, even though we know they aren’t.
So canned pickles lack probiotics COMPLETELY. But they DO still have some very worthwhile benefits.
They have the same benefits that other condiments have.
They contain fruit acids, and acetic acid that help you break down and digest certain foods – most importantly, MEATS.
They also contain some enzymes which help with digestion, and they contain metabolic agents that help your body reform molecules, complete various necessary elements in your body, and which help you METABOLIZE some food better, again, most importantly, MEATS.
So back to condiments. This is one of the things that has made life much more comfortable for me. I’ll give you a few examples:
- Eggs, and ketchup – or Salsa. I don’t digest eggs well, but ketchup gets rid of the indigestion, sulphur burps, and diarrhea.
- Peanut butter needs either Jelly or Chocolate for many people. No more peanut butter heartburn, no more peanut buttery burps 4 hours later on a sullen stomach. Are you a chocolate and peanut butter sort of person, or do you go in for PB&J as your thing?
- Tunafish and Relish is another miracle combination. Mustard can also help. Put in a lot if you like a lot. Gets rid of that crampy stomach ache that some people get after eating tuna, and helps stop the diarrhea. Dill relish and sweet relish work the same. You can throw in bread and butter pickles if you like, and we’ve even chopped fresh kraut to stir into the tuna, and that’s REALLY good.
- Beans and Tomato, plus meat. So the magic with beans is tomato, and that’s not always condiment. But if you can’t digest beans even when you make the chili with about 1/3 beans, 1/2 meat, and the rest other ingredients, there’s one more thing you can do. Add 2-3 TBSP of Chutney. It is a super powerhouse where digestion is concerned.
- Hotdogs and ketchup or mustard. Some people like one, some people like the other.
- Shrimp and Cocktail sauce. There’s magic here too.
- Fish and Tartar sauce. The pickles in the tartar sauce help digest the fish, and help with metabolization of the proteins.
- Milk with Chocolate – also not exactly a condiment, but a companion. Many people who cannot digest milk can do so with chocolate in it.
- Chicken or Pork, and BBQ or Sweet and Sour Sauce. Again, the sauce doesn’t just TASTE good, it helps break down the food so you can use it better.
- Salad Dressing on Vegetables is another thing that aids in digesting foods that are kind of hard to move through the digestive tract for many people. Get the right kind. Don’t settle for less!
There’s just one key to this.
Eat your food in the way your body likes best. If it tastes THAT GOOD, with THAT SAUCE, then by all means, use that sauce.
Many things our stomachs rebel at, will be edible if we combine them with the right thing. Everything but tripe. Tripe doesn’t taste good with anything.
The ORIGINAL one-way valve fermenting airlock! Imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery, and we have noticed that our product has been copied by other sellers of fermenting products. Remember, if you see someone else selling a one-way valve airlock for fermenting, THEY copied US, not the other way around! Fermenta Lock is still the only original invention, handmade in the US. If it isn't orange, it isn't the original!
We invented Fermenta Lock, Fermenta Free, and the valve used for Fermenta Fido and other Fermenta Airlock products. We invented Fermenta Dunk Extender. Patents are prohibitively expensive, and designed by the government not to protect the rights of individuals, but to provide another source of revenue and control for the government and lawyers. We are good at what we do. We have endless ideas and endless creativity, and competition does not scare us. Impatient thieves do not scare us - they are too busy taking shortcuts to make a success of it anyway, and they won't want to take the effort to actually MAKE a product and fill orders.
So if you want to copy our idea, go right ahead. If you want to market and sell a competing product, you are welcome to do so, as long as you do not patent our idea - we had it first, and our posts on FaceBook announcing the invention and launch of it will prove that. This idea is officially in the public domain, placed there by us. We will NOT release supply sources, or part names unless you want to buy them - we'll be happy to sell you an instruction kit. If you buy our product, or look at the images and figure it out for yourself, good on you. Compete with us if you like, just don't screw us, and we'll get along just fine. Big companies who might want to screw us may have more money, and more lawyers than we do, but we have more to gain by suing the pants off a big company, and believe me, we will be well motivated to do so if anyone patents our idea and claims it as their own - this is a free idea. Everybody now owns it.
Published June 23, 2012
Wholesale, Export, and Manufacture of this product by other companies is an option. International distributorships are available for those wishing to export. Please email us to inquire about access to our wholesale website, or in regards to manufacturing any of our products.
Business Building Services Are Available - If you are wanting to build a business like this, where you make things in the home and sell them direct to the customer, or if you want to build a business that you can sell to other people as a complete business package, Firelight Heritage Farm is now offering Cottage Industry Services to aid small business owners in building a successful product or service business from the home. Don't know what you want to do? We can help you figure that out too (something original, and just yours, not a canned business). You get the wisdom and uniquely successful perspective and experience of people who have been business, marketing, and website professionals for more than a dozen years. For more information, visit CottageIndustrialRevolution.com. Why copy someone else's business when you can do something uniquely you and enjoy it so much more?